You may need to complete a survey to view the full content of this page.
And The Winner Is…
Joe – DOB 18/12/1955
Thank you so much to everyone who took part.
1. How many seconds are there in 10 minutes ? – 600
2. What is the capital city of the USA ? – Washington, D.C.
3. Who is older Jeremy Corbyn or Theresa May ? – Jeremy Corbyn
4. Which king preceded Queen Victoria ? – King William IV
5. What is the capital of Chile ? – Santiago
6. What is the currency of Denmark ? – Krone
7. In what year was singer Madonna born ? – 1958
8. What year was the first episode of X Factor (UK) ? – 2004
9. How many pounds are in a stone ? – 14
10. What pop singer’s real name is Katy Hudson ? – Katy Perry
11. What is the capital of Iceland ? – Reykjavik
12. What is the real name of The Vixen on the ITV gameshow ‘The Chase’ ? – Jenny Ryan
13. What is the painting ‘La Gioconda’ more usually known as ? – (The) Mona Lisa
14. The ‘Pittsburgh Penguins’ play which sport ? – Ice Hockey
15. What is the Chinese New Year animal for 2021 ? – Ox
16. What star sign would you be if you were born on August 24th ? – Virgo
17. In what month was the actor ‘Tom Hanks’ born ? – July
18. Who won the Best Actor Oscar for the film ‘On the Waterfront’ ? – Marlon Brando
19. In what year did ‘Elvis Presley’ die ? – 1977
20. In what year did Channel 5 (UK) launch ? – 1997
21. What country was known as ‘Ceylon’ until 1972 ? – Sri Lanka
22. What is the currency of Sweden ? – Swedish Krona
23. Who directed the films Titanic and Avatar ? – James Cameron
24. How many legs does a lobster have ? – 10
25. Who discovered penicillin ? – Alexander Fleming
26. How many hours are there in 240 minutes ? – 4
27. What is the Capital of Italy ? – Rome
28. In what year was the first human on the moon ? – 1969
29. How many pennies are there in 10 pounds (UK currency) ? – 1,000
30. What is the middle name of the character ‘Harry Potter’ ? – James
June 2021 – Quiz – Win £10
This month we are having a quiz. Each day in June a different question will be displayed below. You just need to answer the question. If you manage to answer a question correctly you will receive 2 entries into the draw. If you manage to guess the answer correctly you will receive 2 entries into the draw. If you get it wrong you will receive 1 entry (just for giving it a try). All entries will be pooled at the end of the month and one winner drawn at random.
The competition started on 1st June 2021 and runs until the end of the month. The last question will be shown on 30th June 2021, with the winner being announced here on 1st July 2021. The winner will then have 24 hours to claim their £10 cash prize. If you don’t claim your prize by 11am on 2nd July you will unfortunately lose out. No late claims accepted.