You may need to complete a survey to view the full content of this page.
March 2023 – Quiz – Win £10
This month we are having a quiz. Each day in March a different question will be displayed below. You just need to answer the question. If you manage to answer a question correctly you will receive 2 entries into the draw. If you manage to guess the answer correctly you will receive 2 entries into the draw. If you get it wrong you will receive 1 entry (just for giving it a try). All entries will be pooled at the end of the month and one winner drawn at random.
The competition started on 1st March 2023 and runs until the end of the month. The last question will be shown on 31st March 2023, with the winner being announced here on 1st April 2023. The winner will then have 24 hours to claim their £10 cash prize. If you don’t claim your prize by 11am on 2nd April you will unfortunately lose out. No late claims accepted.
In what year was the first episode of the soap ‘Eastenders’ broadcast?
1. What is the currency of Portugal? – Euro
2. What is the capital of Finland? – Helsinki
3. What was the Turkish city of Istanbul called before 1930? – Constantinople
4. Baku is the capital of which western asian country? – Azerbaijan
5. Doris Lessing won a Nobel prize in 2007 in which category? – Literature
6. Which university was founded first, Cambridge or Oxford? – Oxford
7. The Great Fire of London started in a bakery. True or false? – True
8. What is zero points in tennis known as? – Love
9. What is bigger, the hectare or acre? – Hectare
10. In which city was Boris Johnson born? – New York
11. In what year was the game Monopoly first published – 1935, 1955 or 1975 ? – 1935
12. What is the surname of the character who owns Roy’s Rolls in Coronation Street? – Cropper
13. What insect is the symbol of Manchester (UK)? – Bee
14. In what year was Google founded? – 1998
15. What is the largest planet in the solar system? – Jupiter
16. Which artist has had the most UK number one singles? – Elvis Presley
17. How many days does it take for the Earth to orbit the Sun? – 365
18. What city do The Beatles come from? – Liverpool
19. Which famous American pop band was originally called ‘Kara’s Flowers’? – Maroon 5
20. What is the pub called in the TV soap Hollyoaks? – The Dog in the Pond
21. In metres, how long is an Olympic size swimming pool? – 50
22. What does the UK television channel’s name ‘ITV’ stand for? – Independent Television
23. Which James Bond film was released in 2015? – Spectre
24. What is the capital city of Latvia? – Riga
25. What is the largest ocean in the world? – Pacific
26. Who is representing the UK in this years Eurovision Song Contest? – Mae Muller
Oh dear! More soap questions, had to phone my friend again😊😂
Had to google today’s (26/3) as I do not do Eurovision. 🙂😏
I lost interest a long time ago, it’s not the same any more with half the acts doing more dancing than singing!
@GillP me neither, never saw the point when we started getting hardly any points.
Now that we have Brino (one foot in, one foot out) and not full members of the EU, does Eurovusion need a name change to Novision?
With Australia added in, it’ll be U.S next and called WorldVision
Not the answer I was expecting, I think I was reading too much into the “Flowers”. Every day is a school day!
I hope I got a point for yesterdays answer as I put 365 and a quarter days (hence why we have a leap year)
I put the same; I hope we both get two points!
Me too, I put 365.25
Still we should get at least one point of not 2 😀
As long as your answer started with 365 then that is fine! Good luck, Daniel.
I knew today’s answer right away, the question came up in an old Doctor Who episode I watched a few days ago!
That episode popped into my head aswell. Still got it wrong though! Lol
The Doctor confused you!
It’s still showing yesterday’s question (but it is only 11.11). I hope I remember to check in later 🤞
And now it’s changed. I always have been impatient 🤣
Now Daniel, today’s question (12/3) was not fair, I do not watch any soaps so had to phone my Mum, does that class as ‘phone a friend?’ 🤣🤣
Did your mum know the answer though? 😁
Straight off the top of her head Stuart, she did not even have to think about it. 😄
Today’s question has not updated still where was bojo born. I’ll check back later if I remember
It is updated now (13:28)
Hi Heather10. I’ve just checked and the new question updated at 11:17 this morning. Sorry for the delay. Good luck, Daniel.
Didn’t get the chance to check again so unfortunately didn’t enter. I went on from when I got the reminder email
Loving the questions this month Daniel, really making the brain work for things I do not normally think about ☺ ♥❤
the 7th of March Question is still up where is the 8th of March question
Hi katie. The new question went up around 11:30 this morning. Apologies for the delay. Good luck, Daniel.
I know this one – and I know I’m going to have that song stuck in my head all day as a result!
Had to google your clue Daniel. You are obviously a lot older than me as your clue did not ring any bells 😀
The original was early fifties, WAY before my time! But I remember the cover by They Might Be Giants in 1990… back when it was all fields around here!
It was a lovely surprise when I found out I got the £10. Thank you for paying out so quick xx
Congratulations once again and glad you managed to claim it. What a lovely surprise for you. X
Congratulations Agshaniya on your win, hope you claim
Congratulations Agshaniya, hope you claim soon. Always a lucky dip so good luck to all.
Well done Agshaniya and good luck all for March 🤞