You may need to complete a survey to view the full content of this page.
And The Winner Is…
Laura – DOB 04/09/1998
Thank you so much to everyone who took part.
1. What is the capital of Spain ? – Madrid
2. Which country won the UEFA Womens Euro 22 Final ? – England
3. What is the official currency of Poland ? – Zloty
4. What is the official currency of Portugal ? – Euro
5. How many pedals do most modern pianos have ? – 3
6. What meat is typically used in a Lasagne Al Forno ? – Beef
7. From which US city do the band ‘The Killers’ originate ? – Las Vegas
8. Which Italian city is Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet set ? – Verona
9. What is the common name for dried plums ? – Prunes
10. Which member of the Beatles married Yoko Ono ? – John Lennon
11. “Stars and Stripes” is the nickname of the flag of which country ? – USA/America
12. Who was the first president of the United States ? – George Washington
13. Which instrument has forty-seven strings and seven pedals ? – Harp
14. In the traditional rhyme, how many mice were blind ? – 3
15. What is one quarter of 1,000 ? – 250
16. In what year did the French Revolution end ? – 1799
17. What is the capital city of Denmark ? – Copenhagen
18. All dinosaurs had teeth (True or False) ? – False
19. What is the currency of Denmark ? – Krone / Kroner
20. What letter represents the chemical symbol for Potassium ? – K
21. How many ‘Lord of the Rings’ films have been released so far ? – 3
22. Which animal can be seen on the Porsche logo ? – Horse
23. How many minutes are there in a full week ? – 10,080
24. In what country was Tesla Motors CEO ‘Elon Musk’ born ? – South Africa
25. What phone company produced the iconic 3310 ? – Nokia
26. What is the national sport of Japan ? – Sumo (Wrestling)
27. What kind of drink is Beaujolais ? – Wine
28. How many stars in total are there on the flag of China ? – 5
29. How many dots in total appear on a pair of dice ? – 42
30. What is the 4th letter of the Greek alphabet ? – Delta
31. What company was initially known as “Blue Ribbon Sports” ? – Nike
August 2022 – Quiz – Win £10
This month we are having a quiz. Each day in August a different question will be displayed below. You just need to answer the question. If you manage to answer a question correctly you will receive 2 entries into the draw. If you manage to guess the answer correctly you will receive 2 entries into the draw. If you get it wrong you will receive 1 entry (just for giving it a try). All entries will be pooled at the end of the month and one winner drawn at random.
The competition started on 1st August 2022 and runs until the end of the month. The last question will be shown on 31st August 2022, with the winner being announced here on 1st September 2022. The winner will then have 24 hours to claim their £10 cash prize. If you don’t claim your prize by 11am on 2nd September you will unfortunately lose out. No late claims accepted.
Congratulations Laura, dont forget to claim 👍😁
Well done Laura!
Yes, congratulations Laura.
My brain never registered the word pair 🙁
Mine didn’t either
*sigh* Me too.
Ooppss, at least you all get one point/entry 😁
Same for me – and I took so much trouble adding up 6+5+4+3+2+1 🤣
I also forgot there were two of them! What is the matter with all of us?! 🙂
Ha ha, I only spotted it after I’d hit the submit button ! Hope Laura claims her prize.
Same! Totally did not see the word “pair”
Are we counting the dust spots as well?😋
I used to have one of these lol
I bet you wished you still had it today.
Nah love my smartphone lol
On looking up today’s question there are several different answers?
I can only see one and it says the below after it
This is generally seen as marking the end of the Revolutionary period.
It’s now 20.49 and the same question so I’m answering it in the hope that it will be honoured
Hi Heather10, I’ve just double checked and it is definitely the new question showing up ?? – Today’s question is VERY similar to yesterdays, but it is a different country – not sure if that is causing any confusion ? All the best, Daniel.
Thanks Daniel, think it just confused a few of us, not reading the question properly
12:26pm – yesterday’s question is still up. I’ve given the same answer.
Today’s now posted
No it isn’t it’s still the same as yesterday
Hi, I’ve just double checked and it is definitely the new question showing up ?? – Today’s question is VERY similar to yesterdays, but it is a different country – not sure if that is causing any confusion ? All the best, Daniel.
Yep, that’s what confused me. Still, at least I still get a point for answering. Must remember to read ALL questions properly in future (and remember previous ones..?).
Hi Lee, you don’t have to remember the previous questions as they are listed under the answer box.
You’re right, thanks. I’ll have to remember to look there if one seems to be repeated, then.
Answered this yesterday
Today’s now posted
Well Done Patricia! No more Flags for a while!
Congrats Patricia. Welcome to August everyone
Congratulations to Patricia on your win and claim!
Congratulations to Patricia. Hope she claims.