You may need to complete a survey to view the full content of this page.
And The Winner Is…
ColinR – DOB 21/12/1953
Thank you so much to everyone who took part.
1. How many Home Along movies did actor Macaulay Culkin star in ? – 2
2. How does the Spanish greeting ‘Feliz Navidad’ mean in English ? – Merry Christmas
3. In what year was Ed Sheeran & Elton John’s Christmas song ‘Merry Christmas’ released ? – 2021
4. What is the opening line to the Shakin Stevens song ‘Merry Christmas Everyone’ ? (6 Words) – Snow is falling, all around me
5. What day of the week does Christmas Eve fall on this year (2022) ? – Saturday
6. Which chocolates often found at Christmas features ‘The Purple One’ ? – Quality Street
7. What day of the week is Christmas Day this year (2022) ? – Sunday
8. Which famous US president makes a cameo in the movie Home Alone 2 ? – Donald Trump
9. Name the Christmas carol which includes the line “Frosty wind made moan” ? – In The Bleak Midwinter
10. Which plant popular around Christmas has bright red leaves ? – Poinsettia
11. What is Scrooge’s first name ? – Ebenezer
12. What is the dog called in the Christmas film ‘How the Grinch Stole Christmas’ ? – Max
13. In what year did George V deliver the first ever Christmas message ? – 1932
14. In which Christmas movie does Tom Hanks play 6 of the characters ? – The Polar Express
15. In National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation, who plays Chevy Chase’s wife Ellen ? – Beverly D’Angelo
16. What is an adult female turkey called ? – Hen
17. In 2022, Chinese New Year was the year of which animal ? – Tiger
18. What song beat Wham’s ‘Last Christmas’ to 1984 Christmas number one ? – Do they know it’s Christmas (Band Aid)
19. Which ocean can Christmas Island be found in ? – Indian Ocean
20. In the song ‘Frosty the Snowman’, what made Frosty come to life ? – Hat (An old silk hat)
21. In what town was Jesus born ? – Bethlehem
22. What stick would you put into a mulled wine ? – Cinnamon
23. Which Christmas carol includes the words ‘The stars are brightly shining’ ? – O Holy Night
24. What colour is Rudolph’s nose ? – Red
25. Alphabetically, which of Santa’s reindeer comes first ? – Blitzen
26. Miracle On 34th Street centres on what real-life department store ? – Macy’s
27. What is a ‘Buche de Noel’ better known as in the UK ? – Yule Log
28. The Three Wise Men gave Jesus Frankincense, Myrrh and what other item ? – Gold
29. What Christmas decoration was originally made from strands of silver ? – Tinsel / Lametta
30. What date is epiphany ? – 6th January
31. In Nat King Cole’s Christmas song from 1946, what was roasting on an open fire ? – Chestnuts
December 2022 – Christmas Game – Win £10
Each day this month there will be a different game around the theme of the Christmas season. If you manage to answer correctly you will receive 2 entries into the draw. If you get the answer wrong you will receive 1 entry (just for giving it a try). All entries will be pooled at the end of the month and one winner drawn at random.
The competition started on 1st December 2022 and runs until the end of the month. The last game will be shown on 31st December 2022, with the winner being announced here on New Years Day – 1st January 2023. The winner will then have 24 hours to claim their £10 cash prize. If you don’t claim your prize before 11am on 2nd January 2023 you will unfortunately lose out. No late claims accepted.
Congratulations Colin, have a Very Happy New Year!
Thank you Christine 😀 Happy New Year to you too.
Happy New Year everyone! Thanks for the well wishes. Hope you are all having a good day. Here’s to a great 2023! Good Luck! Daniel
Thank you for the win, really was unexpected. Keep up the great work Daniel. Most know that times have been difficult over the past few years and hope that the future is brighter but FBL has been with us through Daniel’s great work and time.👏👏👏
Congratulations on your win ColinR.
Congratulations on your win!
Congratulations Colin, a birthday close to mine, im 26th December Boxing Day 😁👍
Happy New Year, hope for a peaceful, healthy and happy 2023 for all.
Congratulations on your win Colin and a happy new year to you too
Hey everyone, i know it’s a little early but i wish everyone a happy new year and best wishes for 2023. Thanks Daniel for a great site.
Biltzen 😂 You been at the sherry again Daniel?
Brilliant, Stuart 🤣🤣🤣
Whoops! – Yes, it must have been the sherry again. I’ll get this corrected shortly. Good luck! Daniel
I wish you all, and Daniel, a very Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year. And to those of us waiting on a win, this is going to be our year! Good luck everyone!
All the best to you too.
Thank you – and the same to you.
Thank you Andrew for your best wishes. I’d also like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a Merry Christmas too. All the best for the New Year also. Good Luck everyone! Daniel.
and to you also
Yes, Merry Christmas everybody.🎅🏻
None, its rats.
love this film, I have watched it quite a few times since my husband got it for me a few years ago.
Yep mine too along with jim carrey christmas carol and home alone 👍😁
My favourite Christmas film, love Tom Hanks in anything he does 😀
We watched that last night, love it x
So pleased to win the November Quiz , lovely surprise and I did claim In time even though It says I didn’t .
I would like to wish you all a Very Merry Christmas and A Prosperous New Year . Here’s hoping 2023 Is a better year for us all x
Congratulations! And the same wishes to you.
Thank you Lee x
Congratulations 👍😁 what a lovely thing to say. Merry Christmas to you too and happy new year 🎅
One of my favourite carols 👍
My daughter and I are going to watch this movie tonight. He’s the one thing that spoils it.
“Famous” seems like a stretch 😂 I feel like “former” would’ve been a better choice 👌
Aren’t all presidents famous?
I wouldn’t describe them as famous….
The purple one is my least favourite chocolate in the box/tin
😯 i love them and the green triangle.
Love the green triangles!
If I give you my address can you post them all to me please 😁
I love them all (except orange ones) but the purple ones and the green triangles are my favourites.
How does? Shouldn’t that say “what does”?
I think Daniel has been on the Mulled wine already 🤣🤣🤣
Two days running…
I hope Daniel’s ok. It’s not like him to not read the comments and correct any mistakes.
If you are unwell Daniel, I hope you feel better soon.
At least we all know what he is meant to be saying. Shows he takes time out to do these questions for us, im sure we have all done typos at some time, he is human after all 🤣😂🤣
Hi all. Just away on a holiday at the moment which is why I’ve been a little late in my replies. Apologies. Someone mentioned Mulled wine – I could definitely do with some of that. Good luck everyone, Daniel.
How does? Shouldn’t it be “what does” ?
What’s going on?
@Daniel, do you really mean Home Along…?
I missed that completely.
Strictly speaking, the answer will be none 🤣
Hi. Yes, it was a typo. Should be Home Alone. Good luck, Daniel.
Congratulations to Valerie. Hope she claims.
Home along, typo hope it was home alone
Probably meant to be Hop Along with Skippy the Kangaroo lol
Thought the same thing.
Technically, we could put 0 and the answer would be correct but I’m going to assume, like you, that’s it’s a typo!
Yes, a typo. Was certainly meant to be Home Alone haha. Good luck everyone. Daniel