You may need to complete a survey to view the full content of this page.
January 2020 Christmas Challenge – Win £10
This month we are having a quiz. Each day in January a different question will be displayed below. You just need to answer the question. If you manage to answer a question correctly you will receive 2 entries into the draw. If you manage to guess the answer correctly you will receive 2 entries into the draw. If you get it wrong you will receive 1 entry (just for giving it a try). All entries will be pooled at the end of the month and one winner drawn at random.
The competition started on 1st January 2020 and runs until the end of the month. The last question will be shown on 31st January 2020, with the winner being announced here on 1st February 2020. The winner will then have 24 hours to claim their £10 cash prize. If you don’t claim your prize by 11am on 2nd February you will unfortunately lose out. No late claims accepted.
The Saltire is which country’s flag ?
1. What does the word ‘pont’ mean in both French and Welsh? – Bridge
2. What name does Scotland give to New Year’s Eve ? – Hogmanay
3. Mocha is a coffee usually flavoured with which substance ? – Chocolate
4. Which male animal is called a Tom or a Jake ? – Turkey
5. Which hero has an arch enemy called Dr. Robotnik ? – Sonic (The Hedgehog)
6. Which famous horror film takes place in the sleepy little coastal town Bodega Bay ? – The Birds
7. Who assassinated John Lennon ? – Mark (David) Chapman
8. Who earned the nickname “Slowhand” ? – Eric Clapton
9. In which country was the opera singer Pavarotti born ? – Italy
10. Who is Reg Dwight better known as ? – Elton John
11. What is two thirds of 270 ? – 180
12. What is the capital city of Costa Rica ? – San Jose
13. What is the only US state to begin with the letter ‘L’ ? – Louisiana
14. What is the seventh planet from the sun ? – Uranus
15. What is the tenth month of the year ? – October
16. When did the Cold War end ? – 1991 (Years 1989 – 1991 accepted)
17. In what year did Margaret Thatcher become Prime Minister ? – 1979
18. What planet did Superman come from ? – Krypton
19. Who wrote the novel ‘The Scarlet Letter’ ? – Nathaniel Hawthorne
20. What is the capital of Turkey ? – Ankara
21. In the unit of measurement how many items are there in ‘One Gross’ ? – 144
22. In which country would you find the Statue of Liberty ? – USA (United States/America)
23. Horology is the study of the measurement of what ? – Time