You may need to complete a survey to view the full content of this page.
January 2022 – Quiz – Win £10
This month we are having a quiz. Each day in June a different question will be displayed below. You just need to answer the question. If you manage to answer a question correctly you will receive 2 entries into the draw. If you manage to guess the answer correctly you will receive 2 entries into the draw. If you get it wrong you will receive 1 entry (just for giving it a try). All entries will be pooled at the end of the month and one winner drawn at random.
The competition started on 1st January 2022 and runs until the end of the month. The last question will be shown on 31st January 2022, with the winner being announced here on 1st February 2022. The winner will then have 24 hours to claim their £10 cash prize. If you don’t claim your prize by 11am on 2nd February you will unfortunately lose out. No late claims accepted.
How long is an Olympic swimming pool (in metres) ?
1. In 2021, which country became the first in the world to make the cryptocurrency Bitcoin legal tender? – El Salvador
2. What is the ninth month of the year ? – September
3. In what year did Boris Johnson become British Prime Minister ? – 2019
4. What is the name of Wendy’s dog in Peter Pan ? – Nana
5. Hamlet was the Prince of which country ? – Denmark
6. Gary and Martin Kemp were in what band ? – Spandau Ballet
7. How many days are there in February this year (2022) ? – 28
8. What is the capital city of Spain ? – Madrid
9. What was the first fizzy soft drink in space ? – Coca Cola
10. Who created Sherlock Holmes ? – Arthur Conan Doyle
11. Havana is the capital of what country ? – Cuba
12. Which planet is the hottest in the solar system ? – Venus
13. In what year was the first episode of South Park aired ? – 1997
14. In what year was the Corvette car introduced ? – 1953
15. What is the national dish of Spain ? – Paella
16. On a regular phone, what number key also features the letters M, N, and O ? – 6
17. Which seaside is home to the longest pier in the UK ? – Southend-on-Sea (Southend)
18. What’s the best selling book of all time ? – The Bible
19. In which US state is the city Orlando ? – Florida
20. What type of food is Penne ? – Pasta
21. What sport was David Beckham famous for playing ? – Football
22. In what year was Boris Johnson born ? – 1964
23. DeWalt power tools are noted for which being black and which other colour ? – Yellow
24. What is the capital of Portugal ? – Lisbon
25. In scrabble, which is the only letter worth 5 points ? – K
26. What colour is the zero on a roulette wheel ? – Green