You may need to complete a survey to view the full content of this page.
October 2019 – Quiz – Win £10
This month we are having a quiz. Each day in October a different question will be displayed below. You just need to answer the question. If you manage to answer a question correctly you will receive 2 entries into the draw. If you manage to guess the answer correctly you will receive 2 entries into the draw. If you get it wrong you will receive 1 entry (just for giving it a try). All entries will be pooled at the end of the month and one winner drawn at random.
The competition started on 1st October 2019 and runs until the end of the month. The last question will be shown on 31st October 2019, with the winner being announced here on 1st November 2019. The winner will then have 24 hours to claim their £10 cash prize. If you don’t claim your prize by 11am on 2nd November you will unfortunately lose out. No late claims accepted.
What is the more common name of the ‘Auora Borealis’ ?
1. What is the sum of 10, 5, 3 and 2 ? – 20
2. Which stout is Dublin world-famous for ? – Guinness
3. What letter comes directly before ‘R’ in the alphabet ? – Q
4. How many millilitres are there in a litre ? – 1,000
5. What number is on Herbie the beetle ? – 53
6. How many holes are there in a ten-pin bowling ball ? – 3
7. What is the capital city of Costa Rica ? – San Jose
8. How many days are there in February in a leap year ? – 29
9. Apart from blue and white what other colour is part of the UK flag ? – Red
10. How many days are there in November and December combined ? – 61
11. On what date in the UK do the clocks change this October ? – 27th October
12. In the 1977 song by Elvis Costello, what colour shoes do the angels want to wear? – Red
13. Into which sea does the River Nile flow ? – Mediterranean
14. Kim Jong-Un is the leader of which country ? – North Korea
15. What was the name of the bar that Sam Malone ran in a famous American TV show ? – Cheers
16. What is the square root of 25 ? – 5
17. What colour is Pac-Man in the popular 1980s video game ? – Yellow
18. Which city hosted the 2004 Summer Olympics ? – Athens
19. What poisonous oily liquid occurs naturally in tobacco leaves ? – Nicotine