You may need to complete a survey to view the full content of this page.
September 2020 – Quiz – Win £10
This month we are having a quiz. Each day in September a different question will be displayed below. You just need to answer the question. If you manage to answer a question correctly you will receive 2 entries into the draw. If you manage to guess the answer correctly you will receive 2 entries into the draw. If you get it wrong you will receive 1 entry (just for giving it a try). All entries will be pooled at the end of the month and one winner drawn at random.
The competition started on 1st September 2020 and runs until the end of the month. The last question will be shown on 30th September 2020, with the winner being announced here on 1st October 2020. The winner will then have 24 hours to claim their £10 cash prize. If you don’t claim your prize by 11am on 2nd October you will unfortunately lose out. No late claims accepted.
How many ounces are there in an Imperial pound ?
1. What is the busiest airport in Britain ? – (London) Heathrow
2. In what US state is the city of Nashville ? – Tennessee
3. Eastenders began broadcasting on BBC1 in which year ? – 1985
4. How many centimetres are there in a metre ? – 100
5. What is Queen Elizabeth II’s surname ? – Windsor
6. What is the longest running soap opera in the world ? – Coronation Street (TV) or The Archers (Radio)
7. What did the Romans call Scotland ? – Caledonia
8. What is the capital city of Portugal ? – Lisbon
9. What year did the Battle of Hastings take place ? – 1066
10. When was the first issue of Vogue published ? – 1892
11. What is the name of the coffee shop in the American sitcom Friends ? – Central Perk
12. What is the capital city of Iceland ? – Reykjavik
13. What does ‘He’ stand for on the periodic table ? – Helium
14. How many minutes are there in a game of rugby league ? – 80
15. Who painted the Mona Lisa ? – Leonardo da Vinci
16. How many of Henry VIII’s wives were called Catherine ? – 3
17. What is the chemical symbol of silver ? – Ag
18. Ataulfo, Alphonso and Keitt are varieties of what fruit ? – Mango
19. What word does the letter L represent in the computer term LAN ? – Local
20. How many numbers are there on a standard bingo board ? – 90 (UK) or 75 (USA)
21. What is the current name of the Indian city formerly called Bombay ? – Mumbai
22. Which cartoon has a bar called ‘Moes’ ? – The Simpsons
23. Which UK act won the Eurovision Song Contest in 1981 ? – Bucks Fizz