And The Winner Is…
Thank you to everyone who took part. More than 3,000 entries were received from over 400 members!
- The more you take, the more you leave behind. What am I? Footsteps
- Mr. Smith has 4 daughters. Each of his daughters has a brother. How many children does Mr. Smith have? He has 5 children, all of the daughters have the same 1 brother.
- Feed me and I live, yet give me a drink and I die Fire
- A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms. The first is full of raging fires, the second is full of assassins with loaded guns, and the third is full of lions that haven’t eaten in 3 years. Which room is safest for him? The third room. Lions that haven’t eaten in three years are dead.
- What has a head, a tail, is brown, and has no legs? A penny
- What begins with T, ends with T and has T in it? Teapot
- What belongs to you but others use it more than you do? Your name
- What is harder to catch the faster you run? Your breath
- What flies without wings? Time
- What disappears the moment you say its name? Silence
- What can travel around the world while staying in a corner? A stamp
- What number do you get when you multiply all of the numbers on a telephone’s number pad? 0 (zero). Anything multiplied by 0 will equal 0.
- Mary’s father has 4 children; three are named Nana, Nene, and Nini. So what is the 4th child’s name? Mary
- What gets whiter the dirtier it gets? A chalkboard/blackboard
- What tastes better than it smells? Your tongue
- What can you catch but not throw? A cold
- What is as big as you are and yet does not weigh anything? Shadow
- What is full of holes, but can still hold a lot of water? A sponge
- The more there is the less you see Darkness
- What is at the end of a rainbow? The letter W
- What is it that no one wants, but no one wants to lose? A lawsuit
- What type of house weighs the least? A lighthouse
- Why can’t a man living in California be legally buried in New York (even if it’s left as an instruction in his will)? Because he’s alive
- What invention lets you look right through a wall? A window
- What’s orange and sounds like a parrot? A carrot
- A blue house has blue bricks; a yellow house has a yellow bricks. What is a green house made of? Glass
- The more you take away, the larger it becomes? What is it? A hole
- Which letter of the alphabet can you add four letters to without changing its pronunciation? Q-ueue
- He has one and a person has two, a citizen has three and a human being has four, a personality has five and an inhabitant of earth has six. What am I? Syllables
- What five-letter word becomes shorter when you add two letters to it?
Short. Add the letters ‘er’ and it becomes the word ‘Shorter’
Here’s a new competition for you, but this one isn’t for the faint-hearted! It is specially designed for the most loyal members.
Each day a new riddle will appear on this page (you could bookmark it).
On day one, the riddle might be What 7 letter word has thousands of letters in it? (The answer is at the bottom of this post.)
There will be a box to submit your answer for each riddle.
There will be 30 riddles altogether, but each riddle will only show for 24 hours. Try to solve as many as you can!
You will get 1 point for every answer you submit (max one per riddle) and 2 points per correct answer.
The member with the most points will win! (In the event of a tie, a winner will be picked at random.)
The winner will be announced here on 11th September 2016. They’ll have 24 hours to claim their prize.
The answer was postbox!