You may need to complete a survey to view the picture.
The 31 Day August Quiz Challenge
This month I have decided to run a quiz. Some of the questions you may know the answer to immediately, others you may need to go searching to find the answer to the question. Each day in August a new question will be displayed below. If you manage to answer a question correctly you will receive 2 entries into the draw. If you get the question wrong you will receive 1 entry (just for giving it a try). All entries will be pooled at the end of the month and one winner drawn at random.
The competition started on 1st August 2017 and runs until the end of the month. The last question will be shown on 31st August 2017, with the winner being announced here on 1st September. The winner will then have 24 hours to claim their £10 cash prize.
Tony Warren brought the TV soap Coronation Street to our screens in which year ?
1) What is the policeman’s name in Noddy stories ? – PC PLOD
2) What is converted into alcohol during brewing ? – SUGAR
3) What was Bing Crosby’s biggest hit ? – WHITE CHRISTMAS
4) In what year was Google launched on the web ? – 1998
5) What colour is the French wine Beaujolais ? – RED
6) After which animal are the Canary Islands likely to have been named ? – DOGS
7) Who was the leading actress in the film Sister Act I and II ? – WHOOPI GOLDBERG
8) What type of nut is used in marzipan ? – ALMONDS
9) What is the name of the prison in the film The Rock ? – ALCATRAZ
10) What is Elvis Presley’s middle name ? – AARON
11) Which cheese is traditionally used for pizzas ? – MOZZARELLA
12) Which insects cannot fly, but can jump higher than 30cm ? – FLEAS
13) What does the abbreviation SMS stand for ? – SHORT MESSAGE SERVICE
14) What movies had the characters Marty McFly and Doc Brown ? – BACK TO THE FUTURE
15) From which country does soda bread originate ? – AMERICA (USA). See link
16) What is the alternative common name for a Black Leopard ? – PANTHER
17) What do the British call the vegetable that Americans call zucchini ? – COURGETTES
18) In which bay is Alcatraz ? – SAN FRANCISCO BAY
19) The song ‘I Will Always Love You’ was sung in 1992 by Whitney Houston. Who originally wrote and recorded this song ? – DOLLY PARTON
20) What was the former name of New York ? – NEW AMSTERDAM
21) In which city was the Titanic built ? – BELFAST
22) The 2014 Commonwealth Games were held in which British city ? – GLASGOW