You may need to complete a survey to view the full content of this page.
January 2019 Quiz – Win £10
This month we are having a quiz. Each day in January a different question will be displayed below. You just need to answer the question. If you manage to answer a question correctly you will receive 2 entries into the draw. If you get the question wrong you will receive 1 entry (just for giving it a try). All entries will be pooled at the end of the month and one winner drawn at random.
The competition started on 1st January 2019 and runs until the end of the month. The last question will be shown on 31st January 2019, with the winner being announced here on 1st February 2019 at 11am. The winner will then have 24 hours to claim their £10 cash prize.
Which city is the capital city of Spain ?
1. What name do the Scots give to New Year’s Eve? – Hogmanay
2. How many days are there in February this year (2019) ? – 28
3. What is the capital city of China ? – Beijing
4. Who created the TV series X-Files ? – Chris Carter
5. What is 1,000 x 100 ? = 100,000
6. A Chelonioidea is more commonly known as what ? – Sea Turtle
7. What does the letter ‘I’ stand for in the TV network ITV ? – Independent
8. How many months in the year have the letter ‘R’ in them ? – 8
9. What country is Pecorino cheese from ? – Italy
10. What is 100 x 500 ? – 50,000
11. In which US state is ‘Area 51’ located ? – Nevada
12. By what name is Germany known in its native language ? – Deutschland
13. Who was born first; Leonardo DiCaprio or Tom Cruise ? – Tom Cruise
14. Which game, now a popular sport was originally called ‘Whiff-Whaff’ in the late 19th century ? – Table Tennis
15. Jack Dorsey founded which social network in March 2006 ? – Twitter
16. Amarelle, Mary Duke and Morello are all types of which fruit ? – Cherry
17. The 2018 Eurovision Song Contest was held in which city ? – Lisbon
18. If it takes 3 men 2 hours to dig a hole, how long will it theoretically take one man ? – 6 Hours
19. Which country is also called the Hellenic Republic ? – Greece
20. Who was the director of the movie ‘ET – The Extra Terrestrial’ ? – Steven Spielberg
21. Hamlet was the Prince of which country ? – Denmark