You may need to complete a survey to view the full content on this page.
And The Winner Is…
DOB – 14/04/70
Thank you so much to everyone who took part.
- “All is calm, all is bright” – Silent Night
- “May your days be merry and bright” – White Christmas
- “There must have been some magic in that old silk hat they found” – Frosty The Snowman
- “Troll the ancient Yule-tide carol” – Deck The Halls
- “You would even say it glows” – Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer
- “All across the land dawns a brand new morn” – When a child is born
- “Dressed in holiday style” – Silver Bells
- “Is the wish of Barney and Ben” – It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas
- “I’m not a child but my heart still can dream” – Grown-up Christmas List
- “Hearts are singing, bells are ringing, too” – Spirit of the season
- “Long lay the world in sin and error pining” – O Holy Night
- “How I’ll hate going out in the storm” – Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!
- “That glorious song of old” – It came upon a midnight clear
- “We can watch the snow fall forever and ever” – Step into Christmas
- “The bells on bob-tail ring” – Jingle Bells
- “In fields where they lay keeping their sheep” – The First Noel
- “Let your heart be light” – Have yourself a merry little Christmas
- “A beautiful sight, we’re happy tonight” – Winter Wonderland
- “He’s making a list, and checking it twice” – Santa Claus is coming to town
- “I don’t know if there’ll be snow, but have a cup of cheer” – Holly Jolly Christmas
- “Please have snow and mistletoe and presents on the tree” – I’ll be home for Christmas
- “Precious moments, special people, happy faces, I can see” – Somewhere in my memory
- “When the world falls in love” – The Christmas Waltz
- “There’ll be parties for hosting, marshmallows for toasting” – It’s the most wonderful time of the year
- “Good tidings to you, and all of your kin” – We wish you a Merry Christmas
- “Put up the tree before my spirit falls again” – We need a little Christmas
- “A song, a song, high above the trees” – Do you hear what I hear ?
- “I wanna wish you a Merry Christmas from the bottom of my heart” – Feliz Navidad
- “O the rising of the sun, and the running of the deer” – The holly and the ivy
- “There is just one thing I need” – All I want for Christmas is you
- “Should old acquaintance be forgot” – Auld Lang Syne
The 31 Day December Christmas Challenge
This month we are having a different kind of challenge. Each day in December some lyrics from a song will be displayed below. You just need to name the song they are from. If you manage to answer a question correctly you will receive 2 entries into the draw. If you get the question wrong you will receive 1 entry (just for giving it a try). All entries will be pooled at the end of the month and one winner drawn at random.
The competition started on 1st December 2017 and runs until the end of the month. The last question will be shown on 31st December 2017, with the winner being announced here on New Years Day – 1st January 2018. The winner will then have 24 hours to claim their £10 cash prize.
well done Kerri! happy new year to you and everyone at fbl! xx
It had to be the last song! Boss comp Dan hope for more!
Thanks Carl. I’m glad you like it. The new one is ready to launch at 11am. Hope you like it too. Good Luck and Happy New Year! Daniel
Wonderful finish to a great monthly challenge!
Thanks Daniel, and Happy New Year to you all!
Hi Karen. Thank you. I’m glad you like it. The new one is ready to launch at 11am. Hope you like it too. Good Luck and Happy New Year! Daniel
Thanks for the December fun Daniel, really enjoyed it. Brought back some memories of songs I used to sing with the choir when I was younger. Looking forward to January’s fun. Happy New Year everyone may 2018 be your year. x
Hi Jane. I’m glad to have brought back some happy memories for you. Don’t forget to check out the new competition starting tomorrow. Happy New Year! Daniel
I thought I knew most Christmas songs, working in retail, I have been hearing them since October, but I’ve only managed about half of them!
When you realise youve been singing todays Christmas song wrong your whole life 😂
Are you one of the “king” singers? 🙂
Your right there 47yrs of getting Xmas songs wrong shows that the education system is messed up aswell.
Merry Christmas everyone. First chance to get online today!!
Sorry if I submitted my answer twice but my lappy crashed before I got confirmation so I had to try again – wouldn’t want to miss out! 🙂
Merry Christmas everyone too 🙂
Merry Christmas, Daniel. Thanks for keeping this site alive. Merry Christmas to all the players, too.
Merry Christmas and a happy and lucky new year to all. And thank you Daniel for doing a great job and giving us all a chance to win something for nothing, and continuing to run a fun and friendly lottery!
Merry Christmas to you Andrew too, and a lucky new year! I’m glad you are enjoying the website. Good Luck, Daniel
This has been fun. Whilst i have known all the songs i haven’t known the full titles. Our radio at work plays most of these songs so they are going through my head constantly. No more carols now till 2nd week in November!
Hi. I’m so glad you like it. There is another full week left so please keep checking and submitting your answers. Good Luck, Daniel
Wishing everybody and especially you Daniel for taking over the site and keeping it going. Your efforts are much appreciated, a very merry Christmas and happy New year. 🎅🎅🌲🌲🎁🎁🍾
Hi Susan. Thank you so much, I really appreciate that. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2018 to you too! Daniel
Do you announce daily winners for the December song quiz as I’ve answered hem daily and see no announcements of winners
There are no daily winners, just one monthly winner who will be announced on 1st Jan after the competition closes. It’s all explained at the top of this page.
I sometimes prefer quizzes where you have to know stuff, or be able to work things out, instead of just googling for an answer, but I suppose it enlarges the number of people able to compete.
Hi Phil. None of the competitions really intend people to go googling for the answers. It is hoped that people will know the answers themselves. However, there is nothing to stop people searching for answers on the lyrics, anagram and quizzes if they choose to. You shouldn’t have too long to wait until the next quiz…. Good Luck, Daniel
I’m googling for the answers most of the time. I know the songs, but not often the correct titles.
Same here. Is always on the tip of my tongue. If I know it I will still double check just for peace of mind. Lol.
I sometimes prefer that too….unless I don’t know the answers! Picture clues are always the hardest to search for even when I half know it. Googling “that guy from the film with the other woman who’s name I also forget” doesn’t often work, lol
announce the winners
Hi Paul. Once the competition has ended on 31st December the winner will be announced. Full details are on the top of this page. Good Luck, Daniel
How do you find out if you have won. I’m a new member please be kind lol
Hi Catherine. Once the competition has ended on 31st December, the winner will be announced here on New Years Day – 1st January 2018. They will then have until 11am on 2nd January to claim their prize. Good Luck, Daniel
Most of the recent songs are a mystery to me, still waiting for some lyrics from my favourite C’mas song – Corey Taylor’s @mas, lol. You might have to choose carefully though…..
Not a chance, pity though….
Love this new quiz Daniel. Christmas is my favourite time of the year, apart from the fact we have to take the decorations down the day before my birthday!! Merry Christmas to all FBL’ers. xx
Merry Christmas 🙂
Merry Christmas Jane and happy birthday for later 🌲🎅🎂🎁🎁
Loving this new quiz.
Hi Susan. Thank you. I’m glad you are enjoying it. It is completely different to anything I have done before and with it being December it had to be festive! Good Luck, Daniel
Oops nearly missed this when I was looking around this morning to check the birthdays. It’s nice to have a different kind of quiz. Good luck all
Thanks Jan. Good Luck! Daniel
Hi Carl. Thank you. I wanted to do something a little different. Good Luck, Daniel
Oooo….. this is going to be good one!
Hi Angie. I hope you all enjoy it. Good Luck, Daniel
Lovely, just the thing to get us in the Christmas spirit.
Hi Aileen. That was my plan. It had to be something festive for December! Good Luck, Daniel
Great idea, very original (y)
Thanks Ruskin. I was hoping it would go down well. Good Luck, Daniel