You may need to complete a survey in order to view the question.
The 31 Day October Quiz Challenge
Due to popular demand this month I am returning with a quiz. I’m sure like last time some of the questions will know straight away, with others taking a little more time to work out – and even have you go searching for the answer. Each day in October a new question will be displayed below. If you manage to answer a question correctly you will receive 2 entries into the draw. If you get the question wrong you will receive 1 entry (just for giving it a try). All entries will be pooled at the end of the month and one winner drawn at random.
The competition started on 1st October 2017 and runs until the end of the month. The last question will be shown on 31st October 2017, with the winner being announced here on 1st November 2017. The winner will then have 24 hours to claim their £10 cash prize, so be sure to check back.
Which chemical element has the symbol ‘Na’?
1) How many apples conundrum – 3
2) How many stars are on the flag of the United States of America? – 50
3) Answer – Pink
4) Which country had a Prime Minister and President who were twin brothers? – Poland
5) Who was known as the ‘Voice of Europe’ after winning the Eurovision Song Contest three times – Twice as the singer, and once as the song writer? – Johnny Logan
6) How long does a rugby match last (without extra time)? – 80 minutes
7) There are three primary colours. Two of which are red and blue. What is the third? – Yellow
8) Who discovered the antibiotic penicillin? – Alexander Fleming
9) What is the main component in glass? – (Silica) Sand
10) What day of the week is Halloween this year (2017)? – Tuesday
11) In what year did Microsoft release Windows 10? – 2015
12) Wellington is the capital city of which country? – New Zealand
13) How many vowels are there in the word ‘advantageous’? – 6
14) How many cards are there in a standard deck of playing cards? – 52 (Although 54 accepted to include two jokers)
15) How many degrees are there in a right angle? – 90
16) Which country won the first Eurovision Song Contest in 1956? – Switzerland
17) What year is the next leap year? – 2020
18) What day of the week is Christmas Day this year (2017)? – Monday
19) Which fictional character said “..Your future is whatever you make it. So make it a good one..”? – Doc (Emmett) Brown
20) How many Monday’s are there in the month January 2018? – 5
21) What date was the old round £1 coin withdrawn from circulation? – 15th October 2017
22) What is one fifth of 1,000 ? – 200