You may need to complete a survey to view the full content of this page.
And The Winner Is…
Tony – DOB 31/10/1965
Thank you so much to everyone who took part.
1. Which English football club plays their home games at Ewood Park ? – Blackburn Rovers
2. Nancy Shevell married which famous Beatle in October 2011 ? – Paul McCartney
3. The British cyclist Chris Froome was actually born in which country ? – Kenya
4. What is the capital city of Croatia ? – Zagreb
5. How many days does it take for the Earth to orbit the Sun ? – 365
6. Name the smallest country in the world – Vatican City
7. Who was the youngest British Prime Minister ? – William Pitt (The Younger)
8. Which nuts are used in marzipan ? – Almonds
9. What is David Bowie’s real name ? – David Jones
10. What is the currency of Spain ? – Euro
11. In which city is Barlinnie prison ? – Glasgow
12. From which country does Gouda cheese originate ? – Netherlands (Holland)
13. In which city was Boris Johnson born ? – New York City
14. In what year was the ABBA song ‘I Still Have Faith In You’ released ? – 2021
15. Which country won the very first FIFA World Cup in 1930 ? – Uruguay
16. In what year was the first London Marathon ? – 1981
17. What is the capital city of Spain ? – Madrid
18. Gary and Martin Kemp were in what band ? – Spandau Ballet
19. At which venue is the British Grand Prix held ? – Silverstone
20. What is the currency of Vietnam ? – Vietnamese Dong
21. What number is a “Baker’s Dozen” ? – 13
22. What is the name of the pub in the TV soap Emmerdale ? – The Woolpack
23. Who discovered Penicillin in 1928 ? – Alexander Fleming
24. The singer Taylor Swift grew up on what type of farm ? – Christmas Tree Farm
25. In which film of 1956 did Elvis Presley make his debut ? – Love Me Tender
26. In which Irish city was Terry Wogan born in August 1938 ? – Limerick
27. Who is the Roman god of agriculture ? – Saturn
28. ‘Pb’ is the symbol of which chemical element ? – Lead
29. In the phonetic alphabet what word is used to denote the letter ‘N’ ? – November
30. ‘Moonshine’ was a slang term for which type of beverage ? – Alcohol
September 2021 – Quiz – Win £10
This month we are having a quiz. Each day in June a different question will be displayed below. You just need to answer the question. If you manage to answer a question correctly you will receive 2 entries into the draw. If you manage to guess the answer correctly you will receive 2 entries into the draw. If you get it wrong you will receive 1 entry (just for giving it a try). All entries will be pooled at the end of the month and one winner drawn at random.
The competition started on 1st September 2021 and runs until the end of the month. The last question will be shown on 30th September 2021, with the winner being announced here on 1st October 2021. The winner will then have 24 hours to claim their £10 cash prize. If you don’t claim your prize by 11am on 2nd October you will unfortunately lose out. No late claims accepted.
Well Done Tony, Congratulations!
Congratulations Tony 👍
Good Luck Everyone
I put down Ceres . Am I correct or was it Saturn ?
Google says Saturn
I also put Ceres, I think we got this wrong as this is a goddess and not a god, but hey we get one entry instead of two. Not the end of the world at least we get points for wrong answers, it could be worse Daniel could give us nowt.
There’s actually 2 answers for today’s Roman god question. Depending which website you look at. They give differing answers, so hopefully either answer will be accepted
yep….i put Ceres. i thought Saturn was seeds and sowing?
Depends how strict Daniel is about the question. Ceres is a goddess and he asked for a god!
He sure did, I didn’t look properly and put Ceres, never mind, worse things could happen.
Hi, Dear Freebirthdaylottery, R U a TOG?
loved wogan, sadly missed
Hi Daniel, Spilt water on the computer keyboard last night, dried it and thought all OK but when I tried to put the answer to the quiz in the box a lot of garbled letters came up. As if that wasn’t bad enough I tried to delete them, but during the process the letters were unfortunately submitted! I still couldn’t input the answer properly, so did it on my mobile phone so hope that my answer will be accepted. Sorry this sounds like my life story, but all you would have originally received were a lot of jumbled up letters,… Read more »
They are more keen on the US dollar
Do any of you currently live at this prison? haha!
No but i used to haha!
I presuming Vatican city would also be correct for yesterday
Hi Heather10 – Yes, that is correct. Good Luck, Daniel.
Vatican city…its name alone i would assume it was a tiny city not a country lol…but it is noted as the worlds smallest “country”..
the vatican isn’t a country!
It is, it’s a nation state.
that’s vatican city, not the vatican!
Haven’t included the .25 to todays answer..I assume it won’t matter haha
Hi Carl. No, no need. Just how many days. Good Luck, Daniel.
Todays question was one I did not know off the top of my head. I will admit to using Google. 😉
I knew. A very interesting back story to Chris Froome, well worth a read
Well done Mandy!
Well done Mandy.