You may need to complete a survey to view the full content of this page.
September 2021 – Quiz – Win £10
This month we are having a quiz. Each day in June a different question will be displayed below. You just need to answer the question. If you manage to answer a question correctly you will receive 2 entries into the draw. If you manage to guess the answer correctly you will receive 2 entries into the draw. If you get it wrong you will receive 1 entry (just for giving it a try). All entries will be pooled at the end of the month and one winner drawn at random.
The competition started on 1st September 2021 and runs until the end of the month. The last question will be shown on 30th September 2021, with the winner being announced here on 1st October 2021. The winner will then have 24 hours to claim their £10 cash prize. If you don’t claim your prize by 11am on 2nd October you will unfortunately lose out. No late claims accepted.
In what year was the first London Marathon ?
1. Which English football club plays their home games at Ewood Park ? – Blackburn Rovers
2. Nancy Shevell married which famous Beatle in October 2011 ? – Paul McCartney
3. The British cyclist Chris Froome was actually born in which country ? – Kenya
4. What is the capital city of Croatia ? – Zagreb
5. How many days does it take for the Earth to orbit the Sun ? – 365
6. Name the smallest country in the world – Vatican City
7. Who was the youngest British Prime Minister ? – William Pitt (The Younger)
8. Which nuts are used in marzipan ? – Almonds
9. What is David Bowie’s real name ? – David Jones
10. What is the currency of Spain ? – Euro
11. In which city is Barlinnie prison ? – Glasgow
12. From which country does Gouda cheese originate ? – Netherlands (Holland)
13. In which city was Boris Johnson born ? – New York City
14. In what year was the ABBA song ‘I Still Have Faith In You’ released ? – 2021
15. Which country won the very first FIFA World Cup in 1930 ? – Uruguay